Governor Sam Brownback ignored the voices and concerns of everyday Kansans, including yourself, by choosing to sign his massive tax plan into law today. Brownback’s massive tax plan is one of the most reckless, irresponsible and detrimental pieces of legislation that Kansas has ever seen. Legislation that non-partisan research groups have said is structured in a way that will only benefit the wealthy at the expense of low-income Kansans. Kansas cannot afford these tax cuts for the wealthy that Brownback sign into law earlier today.
Governor Brownback’s reckless tax plan will guarantee local property tax hikes across the state and will have a devastating impact on the quality of life for working families across Kansas. He has ignored you and thousands of other Kansans who urged him to veto this irresponsible tax plan. The working families of Kansas deserve more from their Governor.
So what does all this mean for you?
- Less money for education means fewer teachers and overcrowded classrooms.
- Property and sales taxes statewide are going to go up dramatically.
- Higher taxes make it harder for families living paycheck to paycheck to make ends meet.
The impact of this reckless plan will put Kansas at risk for years to come, and does absolutely nothing to help the hard working Kansas families in our state.
18 Notes/ Hide
- thedza likes this
- katchaw reblogged this from chuchurocka
- rascouet likes this
- froggeek likes this
- rsmallbone likes this
- barrythewicked reblogged this from ellclaire
- ellclaire reblogged this from hidden-panda
- hidden-panda reblogged this from colincurtis
- hidden-panda likes this
- thricepipes likes this
- rebelatnight reblogged this from elizabite
- rebelatnight likes this
- elizabite reblogged this from andryushacx and added:
- nicky36 likes this
- andryushacx reblogged this from colincurtis
- davesnothere likes this
- chuchurocka reblogged this from colincurtis
- colincurtis posted this